Stewardship Campaign Wrap up
Thank you all for your generous pledges to the 2017 annual stewardship campaign. We have wrapped up the official campaign, but additional pledges can continue to be made at anytime. We would like to provide you with a few key numbers.
Total pledges: $246,200.
Total households available to pledge: 163
Total pledges made: 130
The average pledge was $1879.
51 pledges were less than $1000
79 pledges were greater than $1000
Compared to last year’s pledges:
52 were increased
49 were the same amount
14 were decreased
13 were new
Many members also participated in the Sanctuary upgrade campaign, so St. Mary’s members continue to be very generous as a whole. Thank you for your ongoing support of our community. Many blessings!
Marty & Kathy Caron
Here is our personal story of stewardship: Why we give – our story
To hear Marty and Kathy’s personal story of what St. Mary’s means to them and why they give, Click here.
For information on our Finances click here.
For narrative on our Pledge Drive click here.
To hear Tom’s Stewardship Reflection Tom Kellogg, Stewardship Reflections October 28 2018
To hear Anne Green’s Stewardship Reflection: Anne Green, Stewardship Reflection, November 4th 2018
Your pledge donations will help to….
- Nurture our St. Mary’s community: coffee hours, newcomer dinners, men’s group, Thursday dinners, frequent justice work, reading groups, pod ministry, greeters, nametags, outreach visits with LeeAnne, beautiful music, picnics, Sunday blessings etc. These are some of the activities that contribute to the thriving and growing spiritual community that we have built and wish to maintain and grow.
- Invest in our youth: We have a growing and thriving youth community that offers programs for all ages from Sunday school to tweeners and teens. Our youth are also active in our many ministries and are genuinely sought out as contributing valuable members of the community.
- Build and maintain our community outreach: We believe it is our calling to “go out and serve” those who are in need. Sometimes it is easy to lose sight of serving the less fortunate in our greater community when, financially, it is hard enough to just run our church and maintain the grounds. In addition to our current outreach efforts at First Nations Kitchen, Department of Indian Works food shelf, Episcopal Homes, Galtier Elementary, we are being presented with new opportunities to serve—and we want to answer that call.
- Hear relevant sermons: Each Sunday we have the privilege of listening to powerful sermons that are not only proclamations of Christ’s message, but meaningful and relevant to our daily lives. And, those sermons are available on podcast for the broader community. Also, our pastoral staff is always so active and available to support us in times of need.
- Make beautiful music: We are blessed to have such talented and dedicated music directors and volunteers who inspire us and enrich our Sunday services.
In addition to our outreach, we have to keep the day-to-day operating expenses satisfied and make sure we are debt-free and maintain our facilities and assets (as our predecessors have done) to be around for the many generations to follow. Our stewardship is essential to our church and is a gift we give ourselves as well as to many others.
When considering your 2017 Pledge We ask that you:
- Prayerfully contemplate what you are thankful for in the St. Mary’s community and pledge from your heart.
- Please fill out a pledge card regardless of the amount. We strive for 100% participation. (Average household pledge was between $1700 and $1750 last year)
- Consider increasing your pledge from the previous year, if possible.
You will find a pledge card as well as a document titled “Mechanics of Pledging” in this packet. Please take the time to review the ways you can give, noting especially the option to participate in auto pay through your bank. This option provides us the ability to manage our budget more predictably. If you have any questions about completing the pledge card, please feel free to contact us.
Thank you for all you bring to St. Mary’s.
Kathy and Marty Caron
A note about gifts of stocks:
As we move into the Stewardship season, the Finance Committee would like to remind you that there are multiple ways to donate to St Mary’s. One way is through stock donation; instructions for doing this are listed are on the website at https://saintmarysepiscopal.org/how-to-give/.
We are grateful for everyone who pledges and supports Saint Mary’s!
2016 Stewardship Campaign:
By this point, you should have received a packet with your stewardship materials . If you are still in need of one, please contact your stewardship chairs. As we begin our annual stewardship pledge drive, we hope you will prayerfully consider your household’s pledge to St. Mary’s for 2017. Please join us in considering how you can support the general operating budget and many great works of St. Mary’s through your financial support.
When considering your 2017 Pledge, we ask that you:
- Please fill out a pledge card regardless of the amount. We strive for 100% participation. Your contribution is confidential.
- Consider increasing your pledge from the previous year, if possible
- Complete the pledge form and return it by November 6, 2016.
If you wish, you can complete your pledge online. Watch the weekly e-news for links, visit us in the St. Marys roon after service, or go to our website.
Thank you for all you bring to St. Mary’s. If you have any questions about completing your Pledge, please feel free to contact us.
Kathy and Marty Caron