Weekly Worship Service
Sunday, June 26, 2022 Pride Sunday – Third Sunday after Pentecost
First Message: “In the Image of God” by Dr. Joy Ladin
Gospel: Mark 5:24b-34
10:00am – Hybrid (In-Person and Zoom) Eucharist Service
After the service, a Zoom social gathering will be held for those worshiping virtually, and a social gathering outside ( in the entryway in inclement weather).
To join the 10am worship on June 26, 2022 – Click HERE
If asked for a passcode, enter 277625
If asked for a meeting ID, enter 818 4016 4967
To join by cell phone only (voice only, no video),
Enter Meeting ID 818 4016 4967
If asked for a passcode, use 277625
For the June 26 Service Bulletin – Click HERE
For the Pentecost and Summer service song sheet – Click HERE
To view the June 19 sermon video – Click HERE
Welcoming our Rector
Prayers in the Weekly
At St. Mary’s we’ll celebrate Pride Sunday with a Pride service, which will feature:
- An essay by poet Dr. Joy Ladin for the First Reading.
- At the Eucharistic Prayer, gathering in a circle around the altar (no change to the Eucharistic prayer itself).
What can you do to celebrate Pride Sunday? Wear something festive and celebratory! Glitter, sequins, and sparkles are not required, but definitely encouraged!
Welcoming our Rector
Would you like to know more about Reverend Lindsey? Do you have questions for her – serious or silly – that you’d like to ask? If so, click this link to submit your question. The answer just may be featured in an upcoming “Getting to Know Our New Rector” article.
You’re also invited to follow Reverend Lindsey on Instagram @revlindseybriggs.
Stay tuned for an announcement about how to sign up for opportunities to get to know Reverend Lindsey.
We would like to express our appreciation for your generosity in support of the
Juhudi Kilimo Team and the smallholder farmers of Kenya. Your personal commitment has been
incredibly helpful and allowed us to reach our goal of transforming lives. I am excited to report
that Mercy has successfully repaid the loan to pay school fees for her child to enable her child to
gain more skills for a more successful future, as schools open after the covid-19 lockdown.
Again, thank you! It is great to know that we have friends from all over the world who support
The Juhudi Kilimo Team
- Masks covering the nose and mouth are still required indoors.
- 6’ physical (also known as “social”) distancing will not continue.
- Lay Leader or Officiant will continue to read important announcements from lectern, including those from the Weekly Email, from the basket at the back of sanctuary and from the chat. Individual parishioners go to floor mic to request prayers. Anti-bacterial wipes will be available to wipe the mic for those who wish to do so.
- Bread and wine will be distributed for communion. Wine will be served from the “pourable chalice”, so bring your small glasses or take a paper cup from an usher.
- Communion will take place at the center aisle, either standing or kneeling.
- Small processions are back.
- On Sundays when there is Eucharist, there will be a Gospel Procession to middle of center aisle, using either lapel or floor mic.
- Use Acolytes again (with parental permission) (Note: Penelope, Clare and Caroline are super excited to be able to acolyte again!)
- Singing with masks in place!
- Passing the peace with handshakes – yes, can do this. We need to respect that people have different comfort levels. Please check each person’s color dot and/or ask re their preference.
- RED • dot – maintain social distance (peace sign, air hug)
- YELLOW • dot – more comfortable coming closer (a wave, or a fist or elbow bump as a greeting)
- GREEN • dot – willing to be close and are potentially open to hugs
Please pray for those on Saint Mary’s prayer list: Don; the Horton family; Bishop Craig Loya as he leads the ECMN; ECMN; all front-line workers; teachers and those who support children and youth in education; all who have had hardships because of Covid; all who are homeless, unemployed, or struggling financially; doctors, nurses, caregivers, and all who care for the sick or dying; all who work for new systems of justice and equity; all those who are in need of some extra love, grace, peace, and good energy; all who are in need of prayer.
If you would like a name to be added to Saint Mary’s public prayer list or special prayer shared, please email Claire at clairehorton97 at gmail.com. The prayer list will be updated weekly, and all prayers will remain on the list for one month unless otherwise requested.
Website Link: https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/donhorton
Upcoming Events at Saint Mary’s
Opportunities for Worship, Education, & Meet-Ups
for the week of 6/24 – 6/30
Sunday, June 26, 2022
In-person and Virtual Worship Service
Tuesday, June 28, 2022
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Thursday, June 30, 2022
Saint Mary’s Dinner Group
Contact Julie Thomas for more information – julieandcats at comcast.net
Thursday, June 30, 2022
Thursday Evening Contemplative Service
Led by Erika Scheurer and Anna Clark
Link (please note that the Contemplative Service returns to In-person and Virtual!)
Visit the Saint Mary’s Calendars page for more information on what is happening.