Weekly Worship Service
Sunday, June 19, 2022 Second Sunday after Pentecost
First Message: Galatians 3:23-29
Gospel: Luke 4:14-21
10:00am – Hybrid (In-Person and Zoom) Eucharist Service
After the service, a Zoom social gathering will be held for those worshiping virtually, and a social gathering outside ( in the entryway in inclement weather).
To join the 10am worship on June 19, 2022 – Click HERE
If asked for a passcode, enter 277625
If asked for a meeting ID, enter 818 4016 4967
To join by cell phone only (voice only, no video),
Enter Meeting ID 818 4016 4967
If asked for a passcode, use 277625
For the June 19 Service Bulletin – Click HERE.
For the Pentecost and Summer service song sheet – Click HERE
Due to technical difficulties, the June 12 sermon was not recorded. If you haven’t viewed the June 5 Pentecost sermon video yet, Click HERE to see it.
Welcoming our Next Rector
- Saint Mary’s COVID Protocols as of 4/26/2022
- One Voice Mixed Chorus Concert
- Episcopal Night with the Minnesota Twins!
Prayers in the Weekly
Yep, the “What’s New?” section of the Weekly Email is being discontinued after this posting.
The “What’s New?” section was started when things changed frequently, when we had a different style of service each Sunday… sometimes it was Eucharist, sometimes adapted Morning Prayer, sometimes even a Zoom only Gospel Based Discipleship. Because of the constant changes, it was important to keep parishioners abreast of what worship would look like week to week. Now that The Rev. Lindsey Briggs is with us and will have Eucharist every week, things won’t change weekly.
Also, the Worship Team probably won’t meet until sometime in August so there will be nothing new on that front.
If there are changes in worship that the St Mary’s community needs to know about, you can be certain that you’ll find that information here in the Weekly Email.
Feedback is welcome!
Still thinking about giving the Worship Team input about your yearnings/longings around worship at St. Mary’s? It’s never too late to let us know what you’re thinking about. Click HERE to give feedback. Thanks!
Welcoming our Rector
Would you like to know more about Reverend Lindsey? Do you have questions for her – serious or silly – that you’d like to ask? If so, click this link to submit your question. The answer just may be featured in an upcoming “Getting to Know Our New Rector” article.
You’re also invited to follow Reverend Lindsey on Instagram @revlindseybriggs.
Stay tuned for an announcement about how to sign up for opportunities to get to know Reverend Lindsey.
- Masks covering the nose and mouth are still required indoors.
- 6’ physical (also known as “social”) distancing will not continue.
- Lay Leader or Officiant will continue to read important announcements from lectern, including those from the Weekly Email, from the basket at the back of sanctuary and from the chat. Individual parishioners go to floor mic to request prayers. Anti-bacterial wipes will be available to wipe the mic for those who wish to do so.
- Bread and wine will be distributed for communion. Wine will be served from the “pourable chalice”, so bring your small glasses or take a paper cup from an usher.
- Communion will take place at the center aisle, either standing or kneeling.
- Small processions are back.
- On Sundays when there is Eucharist, there will be a Gospel Procession to middle of center aisle, using either lapel or floor mic.
- Use Acolytes again (with parental permission) (Note: Penelope, Clare and Caroline are super excited to be able to acolyte again!)
- Singing with masks in place!
- Passing the peace with handshakes – yes, can do this. We need to respect that people have different comfort levels. Please check each person’s color dot and/or ask re their preference.
- RED • dot — maintain social distance (peace sign, air hug)
- YELLOW • dot — more comfortable coming closer (a wave, or a fist or elbow bump as a greeting)
- GREEN • dot — willing to be close and are potentially open to hugs
One Voice Mixed Chorus Concert
One Voice Mixed Chorus will perform their Sound Mind concert at the Ordway Concert Hall on June 18 and 19. Sound Mind uplifts Queer voices exploring mental health through song, story, and art. This will be our first in-person One Voice performance in two years. We can’t wait to share this powerful experience with you! You can get tickets and learn more at https://www.onevoicemn.org. Use promo code FAITH for 50% off.
Episcopal Night with the Minnesota Twins!
Tuesday, June 21, 6:40pm at Target Field. For more information Click HERE.
Please pray for those on Saint Mary’s prayer list: Don; the Horton family; Bishop Craig Loya as he leads the ECMN; ECMN; all front-line workers; teachers and those who support children and youth in education; all who have had hardships because of Covid; all who are homeless, unemployed, or struggling financially; doctors, nurses, caregivers, and all who care for the sick or dying; all who work for new systems of justice and equity; all those who are in need of some extra love, grace, peace, and good energy; all who are in need of prayer.
If you would like a name to be added to Saint Mary’s public prayer list or special prayer shared, please email Claire at clairehorton97 at gmail.com. The prayer list will be updated weekly, and all prayers will remain on the list for one month unless otherwise requested.
Website Link: https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/donhorton
Upcoming Events at Saint Mary’s
Opportunities for Worship, Education, & Meet-Ups
for the week of 6/17 – 6/23
Sunday, June 19, 2022
In-person and Virtual Worship Service
Tuesday, June 21, 2022
Finance Committee Meeting Cancelled for June & July. Next meeting in August.
6:30 – 8:00pm, St. Mary’s Room
Contact email@example.com for the Zoom link
Thursday, June 23, 2022
Saint Mary’s Dinner Group
Contact Julie Thomas for more information – julieandcats at comcast.net
Thursday, June 23, 2022
Thursday Evening Contemplative Service
Led by Erika Scheurer and Anna Clark
Link (please note that the Contemplative Service returns to In-person and Virtual!)
Visit the Saint Mary’s Calendars page for more information on what is happening.