The warm, humid days of summer have given way to the cool, crisp air of the season change into fall. All across the country, Episcopal churches are turning to Stewardship and what that means to their communities.
At St Mary’s, it’s a time to reflect on our life here and how that life enters into our act of giving. Our theme for this coming year is Forward, Together. Please view our introductory video here:
Forward, Together – Stewardship 2021 Introduction
Though we can’t be together and in-person this season, the members of Saint Mary’s Vestry leadership team are recording messages for you with a new video posted each week. Please take a minute to view our Vestry Reflections stewardship videos!
Vestry Reflections – Trevor Sannes
Vestry Reflections – Cindy James
Vestry Reflections – Rex Holzemer
We are so grateful for all of the time, talent and treasure that is offered here within our community.
Access our Online Pledge Form for 2021 – Click here
We are a community moving Forward, Together and we celebrate with each other as we abound in grace. The 2021 stewardship campaign is underway and we invite all to learn more about our stewardship and how we handle money at Saint Mary’s.
On-line pledges: We will have online pledging again for 2021. However, if you are someone who would rather fill out a pledge card, we have that option as well.
Pledge Cards: Printed pledge cards will be mailed out to all members and anyone who might request one. These can be filled out and mailed into the church office to the attention of the Pledge Clerk.
November 1st – While we appreciate all pledges and gifts whenever received, it would be ideal if we could receive by November 1st. Our finance committee will craft our prospective 2021 budget using pledge projections.
Cindy James is our stewardship chair for 2021. If you have any questions or would like to discuss our stewardship, please feel free to contact her: email@example.com or (651) 261-4884.
Your pledge donations will help to….
- Nurture our St. Mary’s community: coffee hours, newcomer dinners, men’s group, Thursday dinners, frequent justice work, reading groups, pod ministry, greeters, nametags, outreach visits with our priest, beautiful music, picnics, Sunday blessings etc. These are some of the activities that contribute to the thriving and growing spiritual community that we have built and wish to maintain and grow.
- Invest in our youth: We have a growing and thriving youth community that offers programs for all ages from Sunday school to tweeners and teens. Our youth are also active in our many ministries and are genuinely sought out as contributing valuable members of the community.
- Build and maintain our community outreach: We believe it is our calling to “go out and serve” those who are in need. Sometimes it is easy to lose sight of serving the less fortunate in our greater community when, financially, it is hard enough to just run our church and maintain the grounds. In addition to our current outreach efforts at First Nations Kitchen, Department of Indian Works food shelf, Episcopal Homes, Galtier Elementary, we are being presented with new opportunities to serve—and we want to answer that call.
- Hear relevant sermons: Each Sunday we have the privilege of listening to powerful sermons that are not only proclamations of Christ’s message, but meaningful and relevant to our daily lives. And, those sermons are available on podcast for the broader community. Also, our pastoral staff is always so active and available to support us in times of need.
- Make beautiful music: We are blessed to have such talented and dedicated music directors and volunteers who inspire us and enrich our Sunday services.
In addition to our outreach, we have to keep the day-to-day operating expenses satisfied and make sure we manage our finances and maintain our facilities and assets (as our predecessors have done) to be around for the many generations to follow. Our stewardship is essential to our church and is a gift we give ourselves as well as to others.
When considering your 2021 Pledge, we ask that you:
- Prayerfully contemplate what you are thankful for in the St. Mary’s community and pledge from your heart.
- Please fill out a pledge card regardless of the amount. We strive for 100% participation.
- Consider increasing your pledge from the previous year, if possible.
Please take the time to review the ways you can give, noting especially the option to participate in auto pay through your bank. This option provides us the ability to manage our budget more predictably. If you have any questions about completing the pledge card, please feel free to contact us.